Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Been Busy

I hesitate to say it, but I gotta. I've been a busy little Beaver! LOL My upline shared a link with me last week with a WOW technique from the SU Regional in Seattle. WOW techniques are just what it says. You see it done and go WOW! My upline shared with me Sandi McIver's blog: http://www.sandimaciver.com/ . Sandi gave credit to a "very creative and talented Connie Ingram from the Mile High Stampers in Colorado [that] demonstrated this technique." I also found Patty Bennet's blog at: http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/. Both are excellent with great instructions and/or video tutorials on how to make these gorgeous roses with SU's Fifth Avenue Rose, shimmery cardstock, a water spritzer and reinkers.

This first card I made uses Regal Rose, Rose Red, shimmery, Basic Black and Whisper White cardstocks, layered with some DSP out of the Walk in the Park pack. I think I used Rose Red and Pink Pirouette reinkers on the rose. I've slept since then, so don't exactly recall. I finished it off with white grosgrain ribbon, the new scalloped oval punch and the large oval punch (not all that big), with sentiment out of Oval All. I've misplaced my little sizzlet for the leaves, so stamped the leaves from the old SAB Best Blossoms and fussy cut it out. Almost identical, just not as easy!

This second card is basically the same except for layout and I used sentiment from Sincere Salutations. Dotted around scalloped oval with white opaque Signo.

I wanted to try another color combo, so for this one, I used Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange and Pumpkin Pie. Made fake brads with punched out 1/8" circles with a drop of Crystal Effects on them. I also made a blue rose which I'll share when I get it finished.

Lastly, I fell in love with the butterfly pattern in the Basic Grey Ambrosia 6x6 pad. I had these black flowers and buttons for a card I've been thinking about doing in black and white, so I tried them on here. I didn't have access to real orange buttons for the flowers, so did some faux ones. Poked holes on them and threaded through thin strips of black CS. Threaded strips of orange CS through real black buttons on the bottom. Finished this off with my fave sentiment from All Holidays. Aside from being a little Halloweeny, it's starting to grow on me.

I've been making other stuff, too, but I'm not finished. Been playing with the Manhattan Flower textured impression die and will share what I've done soon.
Thanks for visiting!
(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

How very stunning mounted on the black.. wow!! Thanks for giving me your blog link!! :) Patty

~* Tracy *~ said...

simply stunning cards. Absolutely love how that WOW technique comes out. Gorgeous :)