Sunday, April 5, 2009

March 28 Workshop, Finally

Sorry it took so long to get these pics on here, but I've been busy this week.

I gave away a box really similar to this as a door prize, but hadn't made a picture of it first. I made another one this weekend with the addition of a fussy-cut flower from the Flamingo DSP that I used on the top and bottom Top Notes. The box was made from Summer Sun which matches the yellow in the DSP. I used the SAB Yummy set for the stamping on the top. I have to admit this pattern and the identical one in red are my favorites out of the Flamingo DSP pack. I guess I need to get some more! The pattern for the box came from Kerin Sylvester here on her March 5 entry. She has lots of gorgeous stuff on her blog which is in my favorites.

At Pam's workshop, for a make and take we made this cute little spring card (although everyone chose the blue over the So Saffron one). Dawn Griffin has the most fabulous videos, all listed here and this particular video tutorial spring card is her January 17 spring card #2. To make this card, I used DSP from the Delicate Dots pack offered in the SAB catty, So Saffron, Whisper White and Basic Black cardstocks, and the Congratulations SAB set. The center flower was stamped on the DSP from One of a Kind.

This was something I made for my hostess gift, a little stationery set made with a large envelope, 8 3/4 x 5 3/4". One third of the envelope was cut off and both pieces were stamped all over with the flower from the Polka Dot Punches SAB set. The bigger piece was then run through the corrugator so that it would fit into the other piece once it was full of cards. This held 4 cards with their envelopes. The striped DSP was from Delicate Dots, the flowers were punched with the 5-petal punch out of Bashful Blue and So Saffron, with silver brads holding them together. The flowers were stamped with the flower used on the envelopes and the greeting came from Heard from the Heart. I got a thank you card from my St. Louis buddy that uses the regular A-2 envelope done with this cutting and crimping technique and long ago and far away, I made a stationery set this way, so I have no link.

Our other make and take at Pam's workshop was this cute little treat basket. I got the idea from Lynn in St. Louis's gallery on Splitcoaststampers.com, here. The instructions are in the Technique Learners Challenge on SCS, TLC 211, http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424568. I made this treat box using Pink Pirouette, Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red and Whisper White cardstocks, along with some more of the Flamingo DSP. The only stamping on it was with the Easter Wishes sentiment out of the All Holidays set. The center was punched out with two scalloped squares, offset from each other and the ribbon is the Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon. The cellophane bags were filled with Jelly Bellies and tied shut with some white grosgrain ribbon.

If you have any questions or any of the links don't work for you, please let me know.
Thanks for stopping by.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

Omgoodness I love the box with that paper and that flower. LOVERLY stuff. Any hostess would love to get any of these things. You seem to be doing an excellent job with your workshops.

~* Tracy *~ said...

OMG, I looooooooooove that flamingo box, simply gorgeous. Actually, all the projects in this post are just wonderful :) I bet she was a very happy hostess.
hugs