Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July Stamp Club

Well, I tried to add this in to the middle and can't figure out how to move it where I want. This is one of Gale's thinking of you swaps.


Monday night we had our July stamp club meeting and our treasury suffered as no one forgot their name tag (25 cent fine) and everyone brought an exchange card (another 25 cent fine)! Seven of us chose to participate in our sympathy card/thinking of you swap, too.

Our exchange card theme this month was "Buttons Galore" and we sure did have a bunch of them, starting with Therese's dress form and button quilt. Therese said this was the first time she ever tried sewing on a card. Perfect addition!
This is Tange's swap card using scalloped ovals, the dotted swiss Cuttlebug embossing folder and a retired, but not forgotten, Elegant Greeting from SU. Elegant it surely is.

This is Tange's button card using SU's current Pick a Petal stamps. I got this in the exchange and I can use it as a sample! Woo hooooo! Tange also stuck some Warm Words on this oversized card.


Tange did the project this month, a cute little explosion gift box held together with a lid and a belly band. This is Pam's almost completed project. She'll finish glueing the lid down and add a jewel or something to top.

Here's Pam very patriotic button card. She said the flowers were made from punches.

Pam made her thinking of you swaps from SU's retired Au Chocolat designer paper and the always useful Sincere Salutations for the greeting.

Neva's swap used buttons and flowers and stitching.
This is Neva's button exchange card. Love how she made her stems out of ribbon! Inside this card it says "We don't remember dates, we remember moments." Love it.

Lona did all her swaps different, but this one stood out with its gorgeous peacock feather. I was in such a hurry when I was taking pics of all the cards, I didn't even notice the Asian lady was laying down! Thank goodness for Photo Shop and I could rotate the pic to proper orientation. My basket sure looks funny sideways, though!

This is another of Lona's swaps. Lovely sentiment for the front and the punched out dragonflies just finish it off.

When I saw Lona last week, she showed me her "button" swap and I razzed her that it didn't have any buttons on it. She said she didn't have any buttons, but had some jewels in the corners and was going to call them buttons! Whatever, I said. Soooooo, lookee what she made instead! A darling little dress! Those faux buttons are punched out 1/2" circles with linen or something thread sewn on. [This is the only pic that didn't have true colors. My new camera did a pretty good job on all the rest, no more of that occasional orangey cast, but this little dress is lavender, not blue. The jewel in the bow and the threads came out right, but the rest is too blue. If that's all I have to complain about with my new camera, I should shut up!]

This is my swap card using SU's new Autumn Days, embossed on copper CS with black EP, layered with glossy black CS and mounted on the new In Color Dusty Durango. I made black brads by dipping silver brads in black EP after heating them in a candle. Russel's contribution to this card was the suggestion I do the pheasant's neck with the white gel pen.

Here's my completed project. I need to tack the corners down better and add a pearl or something on top, but it's all done.


Here's my button exchange card using Primas and black buttons mounted on Whisper White, glossy black and the new In Color Melon Mambo. I "threaded" my buttons with thin strips of CS. Retired greeting from Soft Summer is on scalloped oval on top of wide oval, a suggestion from my Ozzy Buddy. If I'd had enough of the one kind of Primas, all three flowers would have been the same and this would've looked like some mutant poodle! LOL

This is one of Jeannie's swaps. Of the six, all different, this was my fave. Jeannie is the queen of embossing!

Here's Jeannie's button exchange card. There's a teeny, tiny flower button in middle of the flower. Jeannie found this Irish Blessing at Stampfest so she could do an Irish card for her boss, who had been to Ireland with his wife and brought Jeannie back some Irish linens. You can click on any of the pics to enlarge them so you can read the verse.


Holly made this button card, using the button as the body of her art doll stamp. She sewed on her focal layer, too. That's three stitched cards this month! I detect a trend, but I'm not hauling my Bernina out!

Gale made this paneled button card with DSP and waxy flax.

This is where I wanted to put the third of Gale's cards, but oh, well. Instead, here is Gale's second swap card, using lovely designer papers.

We had a guest last night. When Holly invited Connie, Holly told her the theme was buttons, so Connie brought an exchange card. "Seize the cupcake!" Love it. Her button is the cherry on top.


Here we are. I wonder who the whale in the red top is and why Therese is pointing at Holly who looks guilty of something? Trish of Priceless is a doll to let us have our meetings in her great room. After years of the hard metal chairs at Griffins, cramped around one table or two, Trish's cushy adjustable chairs are great. And I had my own little fan! Woo hoooo! There were ten of us there and we managed to bring in all these cards!

Just because I could, here's a rainbow I pictured last week during one of our morning storms. Composition sucks (high tension lines!), but a rainbow is a rainbow. My old camera would have filtered it out.

That's all for this month's meeting. See you all next month. Exchange theme will be teapots and/or teacups.
Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment. If you don't have a google account, just do an anonymous comment, but sign your first name and I'll know who you are. Feedback is good!
(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love waking up to find your Stamp Club blog waiting for me to admire. I am so Jealous!!! YOu have a wonderful group of ladies there and they all have such great cards to share.
I am loving your blog and all your comments on each of the cards are such a sweet touch.
keep up the wonderful work.
love and hugs, m

~* Tracy *~ said...

Wow! What a lot of beautiful cards you have all made.
And don't you be calling my beautiful friend Kathy a whale! I will be most cross with you!!
There's so many cards I don't know where to start. I really adore Holly's button card!
And your rainbow photo is lovely. Your new camera is a gem.
hugs

Deelite said...

The cards are amazing as always. What a talented group you are so lucky to be part of. Anddddddd how lucky they are to have a wonderful friend that posts all the pics on her blog. Sure wish you lived in St Louis.
I love your card with the beautiful flowers and buttons.

Anonymous said...

Finally had time to check the emails today. It is so great to be able to go and look at our cards from last night. We see them for a bit when they are "exchanged", but it is so nice to go on the blog and REALLY look at them all.
Love the discriptions of them!
PJ