Monday, August 24, 2009

Goodbye to Mr. McK.

Ocala lost one of the good guys on Aug. 15.  I worked as his legal assistant before he retired in 2006.  His family knew I made cards with rubber stamps, so, I used one of my favorite sets, sentiments and poems to try to give them some comfort.  Here’s the card, inside and out, and the poem I enclosed. Click on either picture to enlarge it.  I printed the poem, trimmed it and stamped the lighthouse on it like I did the inside of the card.  The lighthouse is Cape Hatteras Light, NC, one of my favorite lighthouses, from SU’s retired, but not forgotten, Coast to Coast set. 

Hatteras Sympathy

Hatteras Sympathy Inside

Miss Me

When I come to the end of the road

And the sun has set for me

I want no rites in a gloom filled room

Why cry for a soul set free?

Miss me a little, but not for long

And not with your head bowed low

Remember the love that once we shared

Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take

And each must go alone.

It's all part of the master plan

A step on the road to home.

When you are lonely and sick at heart

Go to the friends we know.

Laugh at all the things we used to do

Miss me, but let me go.  

Anonymous

At my Dad’s funeral, one of his VFW buddies read this poem which I recently found on the internet.  I hope it gives some comfort.  So sorry for their loss.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

What a wonderful card for a great man. So sorry for you and the state of FL. Don't think they really build men like him anymore.

~* Tracy *~ said...

absolutely beautiful card, and very very touching.
hugs