Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Better Late Than Never!

Well, it took me a while, but I finally got everything together in one place to post the pics from the September (!!) stamp club meeting.  I was off to Sanibel to meet Dee, so I wasn’t even there.  It was a busy night with lots going on, too.  At least I got these posted before the October meeting next Monday!

The card exchange theme was “Guy Cards,” the Coke bottle challenge projects were turned in, judged and prizes awarded and Therese did the project of magnets on ceramic tiles.  First up, the exchange cards, with as much as I know about them, which isn’t much more than who did them.  Click on any picture to look at it in detail.

This is Connie’s card.  I’m told photo doesn’t do justice to the popped up fishing pole.

Connie's Gone fishin'

This Gale’s birthday cupcake.  The layered brads on the corners are little screws! 

Gale's Cupcake

This is Eleanor’s distressed, antique-y looking card, utilizing a piece of abalone as an embellishment.

Elle's distressed Abalone

These two pics are the outside and inside of Holly’s Hey Handsome card.  I saved these pics in the right aspect, but this blog program insists on laying them on their side.  Is a mystery to me!  I like the buttons, argyle pattern and sentiments.

Holly's Hey Handsome

Holly's Inside 

This is Lona’s card, a cute little coverall she made a pattern for.  Again, the blog program turned it on its side!

Lona's coveralls

This is Jeannie’s Autumn Days card.  I think she made this at one of my workshops.  The pheasant is fussy cut.

Kathy's Boring Pheasant

This is the card I made for the exchange with fussy cut wheat and  pheasant all layered on a couple of Top Note die cuts.

Kathy's Top Note Pheasant

This is Pam’s get well card, a cute little robot holding one of his arms. 

Pam's Robot

This is Tange’s Toadily Happy froggies.  Nice arrangement of ferns behind them.

Tange's Toadily Happy
This is Rosie’s mare and foal.  Appropriate for Horse Country!

Rosie's Horsies

This is Therese’s sepia-toned Simple Pleasures.  Takes me back to the whistling intro to the Andy Griffith show!  Hi, Andy and Opie!

Therese's Simple Pleasures

Next up are the two sample tiles Therese made for the September project.

Therese's project Therese's project 2

Here are the Coke bottle challenge entries.  First up are the two honorable mentions, starting with Rosie’s mosaic.  I’m told she busted the bottle and embedded the pieces, among other findings, in a block of plaster of Paris.

Rosie's Challenge

This is Therese’s shell lady.  Purty blue hair!

Therese's Challenge

Third place went to Holly’s Angel collage. 

Holly's Challenge 3rd

Second place to Pam’s Yummy M & M bottle.  Dark picture, but I spy the M & M’s.

Pam's Challenge 2d

First prize to Elle for her Santa bottle.  Dark picture, again, but he is recognizable! 

Elle's Challenge 1st

Congratulations to all who participated!  I would’ve made some paper flowers and stuck them in the bottle! 

Here’s a pic of Rosie, Lona and Jeannie, getting started on the magnet tile project.

Jeannie & Lona

Jeannie took the pics of the cards and Pam took all the rest.  Thanks for subbing for me, gals!

Thanks for visiting! 

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

wow! Lots of fantastic cards and items you have all made. Love seeing what your stamp club gets up to. I just love how you do the background on your pheasant card. And the froggy card is adorable too (we all know I have a soft spot for froggies).
Gorgeous work everyone. Thank you to the lovely Kathy for sharing all these wonderful creations.

Deelite said...

I just love that top note die used with that stamp set. I am amazed at what a wonderful group of women you get to work with. You fit in perfectly, with all your great creations. Thanks for taking the time to share the creations.