Friday, June 25, 2010

Lookee what Dee Did!

When my St. Louis friend Dee saw the ship card at the end of my June Creative Images’ post, she really wanted something like it for her son’s birthday card.  Robert is a sailing fan.  Each sheet of diecuts comes with enough for two cards.  Soooo, I sent the other picture to Dee to do with what she would.  She got the ships in the mail in time to make a card, and what a card!  We were chatting on line and she shared a picture with me of her first design.  She said she was having a problem with the greeting and a punch to fit it.  I reminded her about Teeny Tiny Wishes, the word window punch and the modern label punch.  That was just what she needed.  She didn’t have the Modern Label punch, but she had the die cut from the movers and shapers and that worked, too.  With her little brass embellishments, stitching and cord, it came out perfect.  Dee gave me permission to blog her card, so here it is!

Robert's card 4

This card was truly a joint project between Dee, me and our Aussie buddy, Tracy.  Dee’s camera made the colors all weird and dark.  So when I sent a pic to Tracy, she photo shopped it to be more like the real card (Night of Navy base, Soft Suede and Whisper White card stocks).  Dee took the ships that I assembled (you can see the five twisted layers if you click on the picture) and made this gorgeous card and Tracy fixed it so it would reflect what it is in real life.  We do good work!  Robert really liked his card, too.  He oughta frame it!

That’s all for now.  Jeannie’s Saturday workshop pics will be my next post.  I have some great samples and two marvelous make and takes.

Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

Dee's card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing it here. Very happy to help out with photoshopping :)
xx Tracy

Deelite said...

Wow!!! Thanks to Tracy for helping with my camera color problems and so many thanks to Kathy for sending me the sailboats, and then blogging my creation. What great friends I have.