Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What is a Shoebox Swap?

At Monday night’s stamp club meeting, there was some question about just what shoebox swap is.  Whomever signs up to come to the swap (and everybody hopefully knows how many signed up) brings everything to make a card, project, whatever.  At a shoebox swap in Mt. Dora, Pam’s swap was the fudge and creamsicle cards.  She brought a box with the cardstock already cut, the punches to do the bite in the corner and the motifs on the front, the orange and brown ink pads, the stamps for the circles and the greetings inside, the popsicle sticks and the ribbons.   Voila!  One perfect shoebox swap!

Pam's popsicles

These are two tiny favors I made five years ago.  The blue one was a cover for a tiny post it note pad and the little purse held a chocolate treasure.

Favor & Kristen's Purse 

This was my swap card at that same shoebox swap, the first one I ever went to.  I had everything to make it in one of my Longaberger baskets.

Kathy's Shoebox

At another shoebox swap in Mt. Dora, one lady had even made and decorated her own shoebox for swaps!  I took a pic of the box with her sample. 

Merci and box

This next one is a swap of a gift card holder with a belly band.  All the things necessary to make it were in a zip lock bag!

Gift card wallet

This is a pic of two shoeboxes with three samples. 

3 Swaps

We made this little bookmark at one of my workshops, but he would be a good project for a shoebox, too.  Something cute out of punches! 

Bear punch bookmark

Hope this gives you some ideas of what goes into a shoebox swap.  Can be as simple as this bookmark or a really cool technique.  My SU upline had several shoebox swaps in Mt. Dora, but she’s been unable to have them for more than a year.  I think it would be really cool to get them going in Ocala.

That’s it for now. Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

3 comments:

Deelite said...

Oh boy have I got some good ideas for your shoebox swap. Can I come??? Anyway, we get together monthly with a group of gals that have met on Splitcoast Stampers, and do a shoebox. I know your lady stamping friends will love it!

Pam said...

Oh My, what a surprise to see me and my shoe box swap. That was my second one ever! I do like them and monthly sounds fun!! Need to get creative!

Great job on the discription!

~* Tracy *~ said...

why, oh why do I have to live in a different country to you? A shoebox swap sounds like a lot of fun :D