Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pam’s Workshop

Pam hosted a workshop for me on November 13 and we made a lovely watercolor card and played with tag stamps and punches.  For the latter, I took as many punches as I could carry that work with the stamp sets that use the punches.  Before that, we watercolored with reinkers on this card for a make and take.

Bells & Boughs 1

I made two little gift bags as hostess gift/drawing prizes and let Pam pick which one she wanted as a hostess.  She picked this one I made with one of the mini lunch sacks and a piece of Deck the Halls DSP.  I used some Bravo Burgundy grosgrain ribbon to finish it off.

Deck the Hallls bag

The scrap on the gift sack was what I had left after making this cute little bag.  Theresa won this in the drawing.

Deck the Hallls sweet window bag 

I got the idea to make this from Dawn Griffin’s October 29 post for a cute and simple box video: http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/

I wanted a sweet treat cup on it, so I punched out the hole and stuck in the cup, after which I filled the bag with Kisses.  The hole punch also took a chunk out of the bottom flap, but I just used that piece under the others and you can’t even tell. 

My first try at the box ruined a piece of the Deck the Halls DSP, but I managed to save one corner of it, which I fussy cut out and made into this card. I used the Tags Till Christmas stamp set and the Decorative Label punch to finish it off, along with Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke cardstocks.

Tags Till Christmas 1

That’s it for now.  I’ll be posting pics from my stamp club as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome!

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:- ***
((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

A great bunch of cards...super inspiration for me since I need more Christmas cards! Love the bag lots!