Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dog Days of August

Well, it’s been a long, hard fight, but I think we are actually past the worst of summer, or will be once August is done.  Irene is going north to hammer my favorite Cape Hatteras lighthouse on its way to hammer New England.  We sure dodged that bullet, considering the dreaded “Cone of Uncertainty” had us in the bulls eye on Sunday.  Cone kept edging east, phew.

Russel and I went to Deland last weekend and I bought a couple of things at my fave quilt shop for making fabric flowers that can also be used to make paper flowers. Bought a couple of templates to try out.   Here’s what the fabric ones look like.

Flower Samples 2 Flower samples 1

A few days ago, I was watching some recorded shows and kept seeing flashes of white out the front window.  Took a peek and saw these bird footing around across the street.  I think they are ibises.  Long red bills, but pointy, not spoon shaped.  Click on the pic to enlarge it, then hit back.

Ibises

Last, but not least, I finished my Matryoshka dolls card and will get it out soon to my twin nieces.  The back side matches the ribbon bows.

Kathy's Project

That’s it for now.  Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome, especially Dee’s.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

~* Tracy *~ said...

those fabric flowers look wonderful. You will have to show us when you make some. So glad Irene is going to miss you. I hope she doesn't do too much damage.
Your ibis are beautiful. I love birdie visitors.
And I do love that stacking doll card. If I ever get my craft stuff out and organised, I will have to pester you for a template.
xoxo

Deelite said...

I love that quilt shop in Deland. When I was in Florida, Kathy took me there. I would love to make a few of those flowers when we come back in January. What a fun place Florida is, especially in the winter. So glad that Irene missed your beautiful Atlantic coastline, so sad for our north east. It is so much fun seeing all the different birds in Florida. I can't imagine what it would be like to live in Australia, with all their wonderful exotic birds. Hopefully some day, Kathy and I can make it to visit Tracy.
I absolutely love your little doll card. I am hoping for a copy of that template too.
Thanks for sharing your fun.