Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Creative Images’ Shoebox Swap

Russel was nice enough to finish processing all the pics I took with my phone at the shoebox on Sunday.  The community room at the Sheriff’s substation was a really nice venue, someplace to think about having our regular meetings there.  Twelve ladies signed up to attend, everyone made it and I came home with eleven cards/projects and a few spares I will finish up of my own project.

These first two pics are the outside and inside of my St. Louis friend Dee’s swap.  She used Delicate Doilies as her main image and died her lace with coffee and tea to match her cardstock.

Dee  2 Dee 1

Eleanor made this elaborate card using die cuts.  The inside present box was tricky, but with a little help, doable.  I’ve wowed everyone I’ve shown mine to.

Ella 2 Ella 1

On the left is my double dutch doors card and on the right is Helen’s darling little snowman made with the Top Note die.

Kathy Helen

Janet made this bright Valentine with a border punch, hearts and ribbon slots.

Janet

Janice made this cheery get well card for us to watercolor.

Janice

On the left is my card made with Nancy’s umbrella man and clock dies.  Her sample is on the right, using the cogs die.  I didn’t sponge my embossed background like Nancy did.  Oops.

Kathy's Nancy Nancy

On the left is Therese’s plaque, “She Who Loves Rubber Stamps” made with a variety of mediums and techniques.  On the right is Pam’s Love Valentine.  Her ribbon and heart button set it off perfectly. 

Therese Pam

Patty made this cute little fussy cut fishie, complete with fishing line and hook.

Patty

Tange made this cute little purse with the Top Note die and filled it with yummy chocolates.  She plans to make a bunch more for her daughter’s wedding favors.

Tange

Theresa made this cute little Valentine using one of my favorite Stampendous stamps, Bee Mine.

Theresa

As a thank you to the Sherriff’s Dept. for letting us use the room, we donated this lineup of stuffed animals for the deputies to carry in their cruisers and hand out to traumatized kids.

Bears

Here’s the ice cream cake Tange brought, the desserts and the lunch we all enjoyed.  Thanks to Janice and Theresa for arranging the catering.

We had a great time and missed those who couldn’t make it.

Thanks for stopping by. Comments always welcome.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Pam J said...

Thanks to your tech help for getting these posted so quickly! Glad to have names with the all of the projects. Our historian is just wonderful!! So glad that Dee made the trip again this year. All of the projects were fun and such an assortment of ideas!

Deelite said...

Well I was so happy to be able to play with this fun group again this year. I was delighted with our variety of projects. It would be hard to name my favorite, but I loved the new fold Kathy introduced us to. Always a god time getting together with this talented group of ladies.