Saturday, March 16, 2013

March Creative Images Meeting

We had eight members Wednesday night, but we will be down two in the future.  Herman has a new job with Hospice, but it is shift work and he will only be able to attend meetings once in a while.  Lona says she has been too busy with her guardianships and that Wednesday would be her last meeting for a while.  We’ll miss you both.

Of the eight who were there, we had seven exchange cards.  The theme this month was “Stampers’ Choice,” so lots of different cards. First is Ella’s peaceful butterfly.  She covered the butterfly with crystal lacquer to give it dimension and shine and added jewels.  Lovely.

Ex-Ella

Helen made these bright slices of watermelon with some banner dies.

Ex-Helen

Herman made this soft layered, sponged card.  We’ll miss Herman’s cards.

Ex-Herman

Jeannie made this pretty layered birthday card with some fussy-cut bathing beauties.

Ex-Jeannie

I used the honeycomb embossing folder on some white-filled gray CS and took a sander after it to highlight the embossed hexagons on this sympathy card. 

Ex-Kathy

Lona made this pretty collage card by stamping on acetate, running it through a Xyron machine and coloring with Perfect Pearls.

Ex-Lona 

Therese has quite a collection of humorous stamps and this one is a great addition.  If he was bald and skinny, he could be my fisherman brother.  Love the coloring job.

Ex-Therese

Tange had the project Wednesday.  She showed us three coloring/blending techniques, samples below.  Then she handed out little rings to put our tags together with stickers of instructions on the back.

Tange's Samples

That’s it for this month.  Thanks for stopping by.

(-: ¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Deelite said...

Well Kathy ty for posting all these great cards, they are a real inspiration. First, I love Ella's card with the lacquered butterfly. Helen's card with the watermelon slices, makes me hungry for some of that great summer watermelon. Great idea using that banner die for those. I will case this one for sure. I too will miss seeing Herman's creations. I love the sponging this month. Jeannie's bathing beauties, made me smile, for sure. Lona's card with the acetate, and the perfect pearls is another idea, that I will try to use in the future. Therese's fisherman card, is just a delight. I know lots of men, that I could send this one to. I really enjoyed Tange's project, in fact I asked Kathy, to send me the instructions, if she could. Then there is my friend Kathy's card. I am lusting after that honeycomb folder, and to have the paper with the colorful core, I could probably play with that all day.
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. Can't wait to see what you serve up next month. Keep the good ideas coming.

~* Tracy *~ said...

so many beautiful colours in all these cards. They definitely make me feel happy. I love the lacquer butterfly, just gorgeous.