Wednesday, July 16, 2014

July Creative Images Meeting

Good Grief!  July already.  Well, at least the summer is buzzing by.  There were only eight of us at the meeting last week, but everyone who came made an exchange card.  The theme was “Summer Sizzle” and we have certainly been doing that.  I can’t wait for August to be over, after which I can say I survived another summer in Florida.  I know it is still hot in September, but not so brutal.  Without further whining about the weather, here goes.  Click on a pic for detail and back to return.  I don’t like dates on each picture, so Russel fixed that for me.

The first two are how I like them, side by side.  On the left is Cheryl B’s beautiful mermaid and on the right is Cheryl M’s flamingo collage. 

Ex-Cheryl BEx-Cheryl M

These colorful die cut butterflies were done by Edie.

Ex-Edie

Ella’s water colored kitty is just swimming by to say hi!

Ex-Ella

This is my little beaver, Chopper, chilling in an inner tube with an umbrella drink.  My name on the back was covered up by the envelope and Therese asked who made this as she was handing out the exchange cards.  I gave her a surprised look.  “Seriously?”  Then she noticed the tail and buck teeth.  Oops!

Ex-Kathy

Pat J made this lovely water colored background.  Gonna have to go play at her house and learn how to do it.

Ex-Pat J

Pat R did this relaxing card with summery motifs popped up on the left.

Ex-Pat R

This is Therese’s “Bacon in the Sun” card.  Sizzling for sure.  Love it!  Yumm.  Bacon.  My favorite food group.

Ex-Therese

A Jewish friend came to my sister’s son’s wedding in May and I had made some bacon dip for a BBQ we had.  He tries to keep kosher, so I told him he could have some as it was imitation bacon.  He said, “Ah, yes, facon bacon.”  LOL

Pat R had the project for July.  She showed us a technique making a background with embossing powder and a Piece of bubble wrap.  Turned out really cute.  The next two pictures are her samples.

Project Sample 1Project Sample 2

This is my completed project.

Project-Kathy

Here’s Pat J’s finished card.

Project Pat J

These next three show and tell pics are finished pages out of Therese’s Journal.  Therese said it used “spray inks, paints, stencils, flowers, anything and everything.”

S & T 1S & T 2S & T 3

Last, but not least, here is a pic of Pat R’s proposed project for our January stamp camp.  The flowers are repositionable stickers with white micro-fine glitter colored with markers and then stuck on a votive candle holder.

Proposed Project-Pat R

That’s it for this month.  Thanks for stopping by.

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

Ya'lls talent for this just keeps getting better and better. Loads of fun and creativity to boot !! Thanks for keeping me "in the loop".
HUGS!

Ginger

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! Makes me think I should be doing some stamping!!! Last time I stamped with Christmas cards and I do plan to do that again this year. Need to use the many stamps, etc. that I have!!! Thanks for including me.

Mary