Friday, October 10, 2014

October Creative Images Meeting

Once again, Hobby Lobby wasn’t ready for our meeting, so Therese graciously set us up in the sunroom in her brother’s half of their house.  Hopefully, Hobby Lobby will be ready next month.  I think there were 11 of us at the meeting and 8 brought exchange cards.  The theme this month was “In Stitches,” and most of us followed it.  It’s only a guide, not a rule.  Click on any pic for detail, then back to return.

Cheryl B made this cute little Boutique card with her dress frame and sewing machine.

Ex-Cheryl B

Ella brought in her “Little Fruity” card from last month.  I like the torn distressed edges.  Jeannie did the daisy with “sewn on” buttons.  I think she did the flower with watercolor crayons.

Ex-EllaEx-Jeannie

I made this patched card with the postage stamp punch and some decorator paper, outlined with a pattern marker for the tiny holes and a black fine point marker.  This is the one of three I finished in time.  I’ll show the others below.

Ex-Kathy

Pam is a knitter and made this cute little card showing a lamb being knitted up.  Pat R made these beautiful embroidered cone flowers.  Variegated pink floss added a lot.

Ex-PamEx-Pat R

Rosie’s card is one of the memoriam cards she made for her husband funeral, but the front can be repurposed as a great guy card, especially for a fisherman.  Therese made this cute little antique sewing machine, working on a bit of stitched ribbon.

Ex-RosieEx-Therese

Next month’s theme is “Island Fun.”

Ella brought in her proposed project for the January stamp camp (now set for Jan. 10, 2015, at Therese’s house). This is a little packet of square cards for different uses.  

Proposed Project-Ella

Last month, Cheryl M brought in her proposed project.  See last month’s post.  There was a question on whether it would be food safe with the paints on the front, so Pat J made this version with the paint all on the back.  Still starts with a glass plate.  Same method, but now food safe.

Proposed Project 2-Cheryl

Here’s the two cathedral window cards I finished after the meeting.  This is a quilt block, but I made it with designer papers instead of fabric.  One I did with a 1 1/4” circle punch and the other a 1” circle punch. I scored around little chipboard squares on each circle, then folded over the edges to make a square.

Cathedral Window 1Cathedral Window 2

Here you can see the difference in size.

Cathedral Windows

The Ohio Star is another quilt pattern I did with designer papers and a chevron punch.  I “stitched” around each piece with the marking tool and a fine point pen, black on one, white on the other.  I think I’m “stitched” out for a bit. 

Here are a couple of birthday cards I received, the first from my friend Misty in St. Louis.  She used the Kinda Eclectic SU set for this lovely card and SU’s two butterfly punches.

Kinda Eclectic

This second pretty one is from Pat R.  She used SU’s Work of Art set for the paint swipes and the same two butterfly punches Misty used.  I wonder how she lightened the yellow so they seemed to disappear?  I don’t have that many shades of yellow CS.

Work of Art

Cheryl B also gave me a little gift bag with a stamp, some ric rac and candies.  Thanks, ladies.

That’s it for this month.  Thanks for stopping by.

(-: .·´* .·´*¨¨)) –:¦:- *** ((¸¸.·´*~Kathy~.·´*)****¨¨)) -:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like the cards and projects just keep getting better. Love all the detail, and I'm sure it's much more impressive than you can see in a picture. The plates are gorgeous!

So glad you are headed for Georgia and some color for your birthday...Russel's so sweet. Faux certainly wouldn't take you!

Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

Ginger

Deelite said...

Yes, what creative cards again this month. Kathy, you outdid yourself with your fabulous quilting cards, your sis, will be proud.
You got some very nice cards for your big day. Enjoy your trip to GA.
See you soon.
Dee